Monday, 31 December 2012

New year, new ideas and no resolutions!

Although I'm not really a fan of making New Year resolutions as such I don't like to pass up an opportunity to make a list, even if it's just in my head!   I've always said that January 1st is a rubbish day to start something, especially if it's dieting or stopping smoking which always seem to be popular resolutions.... I will be doing neither!

Instead, each year I tend to come up with stuff I would like to achieve in the year,

In 2013 I will get back to my target weight, I made quite a a good start back on Slimming world after Louka was born but I kind of abandoned it all just before Christmas.  As I proved several times now actually going to a group makes all the difference so on 7th Jan I will be joining a new group local to me.

Along with Slimming World, I would also like to regain my former fitness!  I was never the sportiest person but when I lost weight the first time round I was exercising regularly and really enjoying it.  Of course it also meant the weight came off much quicker.  Since having Louka I've had really bad back ache and painful knees so I'll have to work up slowly so I don't kill myself but I know from experience that weight and exercise goes a long way to getting rid of all the aches and pains.... well eventually!

Since hearing so much about it, I also have a mad idea that I want to do the '30 day shred' so that's kind of on my 'to do' list at some point.  I think it may be a few months off as it sounds terrifying though! On the same theme, I've entered the “Get Fit Feel Epic competition from Moneysupermarket.com” over on The Road to Being a Yummy Mummy and Mum Reinvented to win a Fitbit Activity tracker and set of wireless scales.

Blog wise, I plan to continue writing here and posting more often on my 'Discovering Cyprus' blog, which had been sadly neglected last year as there was not much 'discovering' going on!

You may remember that a while back I started a '101 in 1001 list'. When I wrote it I didn't expect to be having another baby in that time so I don't expect to be able to complete everything in time but I'll give it a shot - the 1001 days are up on April 26th 2013

Rather ambitiously I'm also starting a '365 photo a day' project  - I will be more than surprised if I actually make it all the way to the end of the year but now I've got a decent phone and can do it all on there if I need to, and after seeing 'The Boy and Me' complete her second year I thought I'd give it a go. Aaron said he didn't think I'd manage more than 2 weeks so I've got to at least see January out!  I won't be swamping you all with the photos but you will be able to find them over on 'A matter of photos' if you want to follow them.
.
I'll also be continuing with learning Greek with my twice weekly lessons I've been taking since November.
image credit
I've recently discovered that something happened with the email subscriptions on this blog so if you had signed up you may need to do so again if you've not been getting the posts through.  Just enter your email on the top right hand side of this page and you won't miss anything :)

I'd just like to wish all my readers a very happy new year and hope you'll stick around in 2013.

Post submitted to Mummy Mishaps who's hosting the Britmums carnival this month.

8 comments:

  1. veryboredincatalunya31 December 2012 13:59

    Hope you have a great New Year, and good luck with all your set goals for the year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 30 day shred. I lasted 3 or 4 days. I'd love to have the willpower to do it again though.
    Looking forward to following your 365. I'm attempting it for the 6th, 7th or 8th time (I've lost count!).
    Also looking forward to seeing how many of your 101 things you can cross off. I did a list years ago and can't find it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen some great ideas for setting New Years goals and yours contains some fab ones too Emma. I will be checking out the 30 day shred link as that sounds *gulps* interesting! Go you is all I can say as you have set yourself some great goals and I am sure you will succeed wi them all. Good luck and I look forward to hearing about them over the year
    Happy new year and thanks for letting me link to this x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will do it because otherwise I will never speak to you ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really realize what you are talking about!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my web site =).
    We could have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us

    Feel free to surf to my blog; refinancing with bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

    Stop by my web page bad credit consolidation Loans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been surfing online more than three hours
    today, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours.

    It is lovely price enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you
    did, the web will likely be a lot more useful than ever before.


    My web site private krankenversichrung

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's definately a great deal to know about this subject. I like all of the points you made.

    Feel free to surf to my web page; forum private krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails