Tuesday, 27 November 2012

The Christmas Tag

Signs of Christmas have just started appearing here in Cyprus so what a perfect time for the first Christmas blog post!
I saw this meme doing the rounds and had to join it, so was pleased to be tagged by my blogging twin Jenny -although there is a possibility my  answers are going to be pretty much the same as hers!



Q1. What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

My one favourite thing? I can't have just one!  I love it all, the whole build up, which is where Aaron and I differ - he says Christmas is one day, I say Christmas is a season! (It's what the song says!) I love the Christmas songs, putting the decorations up, cooking all the yummy food, etc.   In fact, there's my answer - my favourite thing is the weeks leading up to the day itself!

Q2. What's your favourite make up look for the festive season?

Um, I'll probably just get round to wearing some for a change!

Q3. Real or fake tree?

Fake, it may be a controversial view but I think they look better!   It also means they don't die, or make a mess. I love our Christmas tree even though it is FAR too big for our small apartment, so small in fact this year I think we are swapping with my parents but I can't get rid of it as one day hopefully we'll have the space!

Q4. Giving presents or receiving them?

I'd love to say receiving to be different but it's just not the same when you're all grown up is it,  so these days I love giving presents, especially now Leo is understanding more and gets so excited.  

Q5. Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?

What?  In the evening? Are you serious!  What kind of child (big or little) could wait that long! 

Q6. Handmade Christmas cards or bought?

Mainly brought but we will make some for a few people, depends on when Leo gets bored of making them as to how many!    

Q7. What's your favourite Christmas film?

I've never really been a big film fan but I loved The Snowman when I was little, I've now got a copy for Leo and am starting to get a nice little collection of Christmas DVDs to bring out each year. I think The Polar Express tops it though!
As much as I love everything Christmassy I refuse to have them out in any month other than December though! 

Q8. What's your favourite Christmas food?

Sorry, can't just pick one thing again! Christmas dinner is great but I now love Boxing Day dinner too since Aaron introduced me to his families traditional Boxing Day fayre - cold meats, pickles, cheeses and bubble & squeak


I'm tagging PippaSarah and Lisa but if you fancy doing it just join in and leave the link to your post (or answers) in the comments  :)

4 comments:

  1. I do love the run up to Christmas too the songs and music, thanks for tagging me will scuttle off and write my post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha we are soooooo alike! I am the same I LOVE the build up to the day itself and one day to celebrate (well two if you include a Boxing Day) is not enough for all the time, money and effort that goes into it! But bring it on :)
    Thanks for wanting to be tagged lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I left a comment on here the other day - I am just going to write my post now :) Thank you for tagging me I do love Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the food and the build up! Mulled wine and mince pies. Also: It is my birthday on Boxing Day, but that is always a cold turkey with bubble and squeak quiet sort of day in the aftermath of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails