I haven't done so well with regards to Slimming World this week, I knew I hadn't been following the plan 100% but I wasn't THAT bad and I hoped to get away with it. Unfortunately I put on 2lb, serves me right for picking at the goodies at the picnic we had in the park and the sneaky McDonalds I had the other day!
After sulking about it for a bit this morning I've attempted to get back on track today, big jacket potato for lunch and huge homemade chilli cooking for dinner as I write. I also made one of my old SW favourites today.... Weetabix Cake.
If you're a fan of fruity malt loaf, you'll love this terrific recipe
Syns per serving: 3½ Syns ANY DAY
142ml/5floz skimmed milk
142ml 5floz water
113g/4oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g/½ oz artificial sweetener (optional)
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF or Gas Mark 4
2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid.
3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and beaten egg.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined/non-stick loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours until cooked.
5. Cool on a wire rack before serving then cut into 12 slices.