Thursday, 8 November 2012

Slimming World Weetabix Cake

I haven't done so well with regards to Slimming World this week, I knew I hadn't been following the plan 100% but I wasn't THAT bad and I hoped to get away with it. Unfortunately I put on 2lb, serves me right for picking at the goodies at the picnic we had in the park and the sneaky McDonalds I had the other day!

After sulking about it for a bit this morning I've attempted to get back on track today, big jacket potato for lunch and huge homemade chilli cooking for dinner as I write. I also made one of my old SW favourites today.... Weetabix Cake.


If you're a fan of fruity malt loaf, you'll love this terrific recipe

Serves: 12
Syns per serving: 3½ Syns ANY DAY

Ingredients

2 Weetabix
113g/4oz sultanas
142ml/5floz skimmed milk
142ml 5floz water
113g/4oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g/½ oz artificial sweetener (optional)
1 egg, beaten



Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF or Gas Mark 4

2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid.

3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and beaten egg.

4. Spoon the mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined/non-stick loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours until cooked.

5. Cool on a wire rack before serving then cut into 12 slices.


12 comments:

  1. I'd never have thought of using weetabix to bake but I'm going to make this today! We have a nearly full pack of weetabix in our cupboard that nobody will eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many syns are in this if i leave out the sultanas?

      Delete
  2. This looks so good, how can it be with Weetabix in it? Once I'm better I'm making this, but I've pinned it until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i thought i had commented on this!!! i LOVE this and i will be making it and maybe even this week!!! thats if i can stop Jenson from eating all the weetabix as he has suddenly started eating it now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that's just like a proper fruit cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SUPER yummy!!!! Will definitely try this recipe!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. did it not stick to the tin, or grease proof paper, mine do, so what did you do different

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sprayed some fry light in it is like a bread pudding taste it was lovely going to make some more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you use semi skimmed milk? Would you use more/less water?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spray the paper with fry light before putting the mixture in, it does often stick though

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to try this, maybe using blueberries instead of raisins for an even lighter option?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails