Thursday, 1 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheeful - End of season edition!

Yet again its been ages since I joined in with Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful, that's not to say I haven't been cheerful though, I've had my moments...  including one of the best reasons in the world - the birth of my second gorgeous boy!   Which is also happens to be the main reason for not joining in for so long as I've not been blogging as much!

So, what's making me cheerful right now?

1.  I got up this morning to a lovely parcel from one of my best blogging friends The Boy and Me I won a bracelet in one of her giveaways and it arrived this morning along with a lovely card and gift for Louka.  I'm really touched that someone I've never met in real life (yet!) would do something so lovely.  Not only that but the bracelet is gorgeous and will always make me think of the day Louka was born as the tweet telling me I'd won was the last one I read before going into labour!

2. Aaron has finished work for the winter, after working for almost 7 months without a day off it's nice to see him again!   Also many of my friends have also finished for the season so people start to go out again and everyones social calendar comes back to life!

3. I've got days out planned, both family and child free days!  Next week my friend Sam and I are off on a girls (window) shopping day and he following week we are taking the kids to the Camel park.

4. Leo is getting on brilliantly at school and enjoying it.  He's got lots of friends and his Greek is coming along really well too, I'm now asking him what words mean!

5. The sun is shinning but the temperatures are dropping so we can go out without melting!  I'm looking forward to doing more stuff out and about on the weekends with Leo, its been a long summer for him stuck indoors with a big pregnant moody Mum!

6. Louka is just gorgeous, and I'm loving having another baby!  I was nervous about looking after two demanding children especially while Aaron was at work but I survived and it wasn't really that bad (well either that or I am so tired that my memory is failing!)    I did have a huge amount of help from my parents though, would have been much harder without them!

7. I've been back on the Slimming World plan for a month now and it's going pretty well. This week I've lost 1lb which I'm still pleased with as it wasn't a 100% week.  Overall I've lost 8lb so we are getting there!


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

11 comments:

  1. shahnaz Janglitz1 November 2012 at 11:44

    congrats on your win...Big hugs on the birth of your baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of ur baby boy, really lovely reasons xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - he is gorgeous. :) Well done on the bracelet win, and the weight loss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena Pissaridou1 November 2012 at 20:18

    Congrats on ur little boy. He is a cutie. And also congrats on your weight loss. I joined Slimming World today and although it looks very over-whelming I try my best for my first week. So far looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reasons to be cheerful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. MidlifeSinglemum1 November 2012 at 22:17

    Everything sounds great. I agree about the long hard summer. It was 85 degrees here today but it's a different type of 85 degrees - less intense some how and it gets cooler earlier in the evening. Enjoy your family time now that the tourist season is over - you earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie pollyrabbit1 November 2012 at 23:27

    My first time joining & reading the R2BC linky. Loving it. Just read through your lovely reasons, and feel all smiley now. Congratulations on your new little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoy the time together as a 4 some! sounds like so many fabulous reasons to be cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely reasons to be cheerful, i'm smiling reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the birth of your 2nd little boy. I'm glad things are settling down for you and you're able to spend more time as a family, living in a seasonal town as I do I can totally appreciate where you are coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh Em what a fabulous bunch of reasons, lovely to have you join in again. Have a great week and enjoy Aaron being home. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails