Monday, 20 August 2012

Something to remember forever....

Today Aaron and I celebrate our 8th Wedding anniversary!  

I've written about the day many times before here on my blog,  from my story of the day,  to the moment where I realised 'today was the day' so this year I'm celebrating here with some of my favourite photos along with the verse my Dad read out during the ceremony...


SOMETHING  TO  REMEMBER  ON  YOUR

WEDDING  DAY  AND  FOREVER

 WE ARE NOT MEANT TO GO
THROUGH LIFE ALONE.

WE NEED A PARTNER WHO WILL

FOREVER REMAIN BY OUR SIDE –
SOMEONE TO LEAN ON AT TIMES,
REMEMBERING, AS WELL,
THAT WE WILL BE LEANED ON, TOO;
SOMEONE TO SHARE OUR JOY
AND HOLD US IN SORROW.


UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WILL BE DIFFICULT TIMES
AND DOUBT MAY CLOUD YOUR LIVES.
IT IS THEN THAT YOU MUST
TRUST EACH OTHER THE MOST
AND BELIEVE THAT LOVE WILL SUSTAIN YOU.
DO NOT GIVE UP EASILY;
FIGHT FOR WHAT IS MOST PRECIOUS –
YOUR MARRIAGE.
HELP IT SURVIVE
BY NURTURING IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.
 NEVER HESITATE TO SAY “I LOVE YOU”

OR TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY “I’M SORRY.”
GIVE A LOT,
OVERLOOK EVEN MORE,
AND ALWAYS EXPECT AS MUCH IN RETURN.
NEVER LOOK BACK
OR LOSE YOURSELF,
BUT CELEBRATE THE SPECIAL PRIVILEGE
OF BEING A COUPLE.



NEVER LOSE SIGHT
OF WHAT BROUGHT YOU TOGETHER
IN THE FIRST PLACE;
YOUR SPECIAL LOVE FOR EACH OTHER.
CHERISH THAT ALWAYS
YOU HAVE OUR BEST WISHES
AS YOU TAKE THIS GIANT STEP FORWARD.
WE WISH YOU NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS
AS YOU ENTER THIS WONDERFUL NEW WORLD
OF MARRIAGE.




And of course, our wedding day would not have been complete after the way Aaron had proposed if we had not done the Timewarp....


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely verse, and something to keep in mind! Hope you have a lovely anniversary, although i imagine you wont be able to celebrate it much with Aaron working :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. And what a lovely verse. It's made me want to go an dig out the readings we had at our wedding, which we spent ages choosing but I'm not sure I've read through since. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, it looks like an amazing day... and love the Timewarp pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had this saved in favourites to comment on and forgot about it. Such a beautiful piece of prose, so completely true and heartfelt. I agree with every single thing said.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails