Friday, 3 August 2012

Sleeping like a baby!

I like to be as organised as possible in everything I do and waiting to bring a baby home is no exception.  Before Leo arrived my hospital bag was packed weeks in advance and his room was all ready and waiting.  We were living with my parents at the time as it was just prior to our move to Cyprus.  We took over 2 bedrooms of their 3 bedroom house, one for us and the spare bedroom had a cot squeezed in among the boxes waiting to be shipped to our new home.

We had a large wicker style moses basket for him on loan from my Mother in law, the same one in fact that his Aunt, Uncle and Daddy slept in. We stood it in the cot (it just about fitted!) as we had no stand for it.  We also had a 'normal' moses basket which stayed downstairs for the daytime. 

As we couldn't fit either into our bedroom,  to begin with I slept in the spare bed in the same room as his cot. Leo was so big that the he used to wake himself up by hitting the side of the wicker moses basket so we put him in his cot at just a week old, he immediately slept much better. 



At 3 weeks I was missing my own comfy bed and I seemed to be disturbing him by being in the same room so we decided I would move back to our room.  I know the guidelines say baby should sleep in the same room as you for 6 months but we got the baby monitor set up and did what felt right.  Admittedly the first night I worried about how well the monitor would work and if I would hear him cry, that is until he actually cried and I realised the neighbours at the end of the street would probably be hearing it so I needn't worry!


This time it will be different again, as we have a 2 bed apartment the baby will sleep in our room in a moses basket (hopefully for longer than two weeks!) and then we will put the cot up in our room too in the hope that we don't disturb Leo too much during the night.   I guess they will start sharing at about 6 months but Leo was waking lots in the night way past then so I'm a little nervous as to how well that will go!  I'm sure by then though I will be glad to get my bedroom back.  


Flashback Friday will now be  hosted by Lauren at Real Housewife of Suffolk County and Jenny from Mummy Mishaps.  I hope to join in as much as possible but have passed it over to her as I fear I may be pushed for time in the coming weeks :)



4 comments:

  1. MidlifeSinglemum3 August 2012 at 07:50

    I saw the baby pictures on my google reader and thought the new baby had arrived during the night. Oh well, see you later then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MidlifeSinglemum3 August 2012 at 07:51

    I saw the pictures of a baby boy and I thought the little one had arrived during the night. Oh well, later then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a blogging addict but I don't think even I'd have been that fast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous. I thought the same- that baby had arrived already!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails