Wednesday, 29 August 2012

It was certain to be a.....picnic'

I wasn't planning on joining in with the Gallery this week, figuring I'd be a little busy, but last Friday just as I was preparing to go into hospital for my induction I spotted the theme for this week...... Movies.   

Well, when you get engaged at a production of the brilliant production of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' and then several years later actually get to picnic at the site the film was shot it just has to be done.

Aaron and I have been Rocky fans for a long time and when I realised that the fan club held an annual picnic at Oakley Court Hotel in Windsor on August bank holiday which just happens to fall on the weekend after our wedding anniversary we couldn't resist getting ourselves some tickets.

"Over at the Frankenstein Place"

It was a brilliant, if not slightly surreal weekend.

"If only we were amongst friends... or sane people"

I'd love to go again but it's a bit far for us now!

The card my friend made us on our engagement, film stills mixed with pictures of us!



7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the photos of you in your Rocky Horror Show fancy dress! Hiow cool and very apt for the theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pictures - always enjoy (and sing along to) the film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic in your outfits. I remember when the Mr introduced me to the movie I was a little like wtf but Id love to see the show, anything to wear a costume in public ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous story and photographs! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tallulah@BilingualBabes29 August 2012 at 16:03

    It was clearly meant to be... and how good do you both look?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic and so hilarious! You look brilliant in your gear, very Rocky Horror! Is that Richard O'Briend in the dress? RHPS is one of my favourite films, Susan Sarandon is brilliant in it. I often say, "Dammit Janet..." when screwing up and very, very rarely get an "I love you" back again!

    Popping over from The Gallery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that's the man himself!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails