Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Summer time food

Many people say that they go off their food in the heat of the summer, unfortunately this is not something that's ever affected me!  There is very little (if anything) that puts me off my food. However what I can't stand is the  extra heat created by cooking so given the choice I turn to meals that need less oven time or, even better - BBQ's (also, because that's a 'man thing' it means I just have to make salad!) 

One of my staple dishes in the summer is this....    blatantly stolen from my friend Kelly, who made it for us not long after we moved over 3 years ago, I've been making it ever since!

Cucumber, tomato, onion, with a little bit of lemon juice, salt and mint.


I use it with many meals but one of my favourites, and easiest if there are a group of us is this....


Jacket potatoes,  vegetable rice,  fried halloumi, chicken, warm pitta bread and tzatziki,  preferably washed down with copious amounts of local wine St Panteleimon although in this summer so far I've just been on water!


For more yummy Food photos click the Gallery badge above.

11 comments:

  1. All looks so delicious! Never tried Halloumi cheese but it looks yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bavarian Sojourn11 July 2012 at 11:14

    Right, I am coming over! That all looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kind of food you eat when the sun is out. So we won't be having any of that this year then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad looks lovely, just my sort of thing! No, I don't find that the warm weather puts me off food, not that we have that problem much back here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really nice and so simple. That might just have to be added to our BBQ food table from now on x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to try it - can get it in all UK supermarkets. Just slice it (or cube it) and fry or grill it for a couple of minutes. It's great on pasta dishes or with a bacon sarnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuum, looks like our dinner tonight, my Greek hubby cooked something very similar for us, the best food ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MidlifeSinglemum12 July 2012 at 00:21

    Yum, my favourite foods. I add a bit of olive oil tot he tom/cuc/onion salad and we have it every day here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very refreshing salad I am sure which you need over there in that heat! And I love fried houlouimi mmmmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh lovely! my kind of food x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails