Thursday, 12 July 2012

Baby Shower!

I've been looking forward to this week for a while now... Monday night was my Baby Shower, arranged by my lovely friend Sam and held at my Mum's apartment.  (which was handy as I only had to waddle downstairs!)  I knew nothing about the evening beforehand other than when and where it was.

Sam is very creative (and I had noticed her 'pinning' some baby shower type bits recently on Pinterest!) so I had a feeling she was up to something....  look at what she came up with!


A lovely banner,  flowers made from socks and baby bibs,with balloons attached, a huge basket of goodies (nappies, changing mat, baby toiletries, blanket etc). An elephant riding a bike made from nappies, bottle, babygrow and scratch mitts and some great little bits for the guests to fill in for me.

First of all there was a 'Guess the date and weight' card. Answers ranged from July 27th and 8lb 7oz  to 20th Aug and 9lb 12oz.   What's your guess?    Join in  and leave me a comment :)
(Due date is 20th Aug according to the hospital,  or according to my calculations from conception 6th August.  Leo was 2 weeks late and was 9lb 9oz / 4.3kg.... if that helps!)

Then everyone had a card to fill out with their wishes for the baby as a keepsake for him.


It was a lovely evening and it was very exciting to see lots of 'baby blue' stuff again, and we also got to try the fantastic Emma's Lunch' cake pops that I had heard so much about... which taste as good as they look!


Linking up to Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful as there were a whole load of reasons in that evening!

10 comments:

  1. Awww, it looks like you had a fab time. What a lovely little celebration to have before the baby comes along. And the cake pops look especially fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have some lovely friends. I am guessing 24th August 8lb 6 oz. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gonna go with 30th August and 9lb 2oz :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rambling Pages12 July 2012 at 15:16

    SOunds like you had a fab night, how about August 12th and 8lb 3 oz from me! I went to my first baby shower the other week for a friend and it was really good fun, wish they had of been popular when I was pregnant, I posted on my blog about the cake I did for it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOunds like you had a fab night, how about August 12th and 8lb 3 oz from me! I went to my first baby shower the other week for a friend and it was really good fun, wish they had of been popular when I was pregnant, I posted on my blog about the cake I did for it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun.... I wish I had been given baby showers!
    The presents and cake pops look fab. :)


    I'm guessing August 13th weighing 8lb 4oz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time and have some great friends out there.
    You look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, such a great #R2BC. I'm going to guess 10th August at 9lb. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  9. One Mother's Notes17 July 2012 at 00:03

    Wow, this looks great. Baby showers are the best!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails