Thursday, 14 June 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

This week despite the soaring heat (it's up in the high 30s now and that's fairly warm even if you are not 7 months pregnant!)  I'm still feeling cheerful....


1. Leo has started nursery school -  I'm not sure this is something he's very cheerful about as he's had quite a lot of tears about it this week but we are on day 4 now and it's not THAT bad.  Although I obviously feel for him (and think it must be a huge thing for him - suddenly 5 days a week in school an everyone speaking Greek!) it's taken a huge weight off of my mind as I was really worried about him starting in September just after the baby arrives, I think that would have made it so much worse.  It also means I get a chance to rest a little bit before hand!  (she says writing a blog post while he is at school!)

2. I got Leo to wear his armbands in the swimming pool unlike last year where he refused which means someone hasn't got to constantly hold him in our pool or worry that he might just suddenly jump in.   This week we've been in a few times and already he is swimming about quite happily on his own, he even swam a full length of the pool the other day!

3.  My neighbour arrived yesterday with two huge bags of baby goodies for me that she had got from her friend. Wipes, nappies, toiletries and magazines - yay!  This time round I've really missed all the freebies you can collect in England whilst being pregnant and the magazines I used to really enjoy reading.

4. It's my Dad's birthday today and that means lunch and birthday cake when Leo comes home from school!    Cake is always a good reason to be cheerful in my opinion.  

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Are you feeling cheerful?  Head over to Mummy From The Heart and join in!

4 comments:

  1. Glad Leo's wearing the armbands...learning to swim is so important, especially when the water is so lovely and warm around there..he'll enjoy it safely and you can relax a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake really is a good reason to be cheerful. I hope Leo enjoys nursery so you can relax! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that Leo settles in to nursery and that you manage to get some rest before your little one arrives, enjoy the cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a lovley time for your Dads birthday and yay to your friend giving you lots of lovely baby bits. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails