Friday, 15 June 2012

Flashback Friday - First day at school

This week as Leo went to nursery school for the first time I thought this would be a great photo choice for my Flashback Friday....


This was taken on my first day at Primary School, I don't remember that much about it but I do remember the photo being 'staged'  and my parents asking me to go to the end of the drive so it looked like I was going but Mum saying that it was pretend and she would be really taking me in a minute!

I asked my Mum about the day and she said I was not impressed!  When the teacher rang the bell for class all the children, including me ran straight over to the teacher but I was the only one to run straight back to my Mum crying! She ended up being the only Mum to have to take their child inside where the head mistress plucked me out of her arms and told her 'You've had her for years, it's our job now'

It took a week or so for me to go without a fight, to begin with Mum took me and settled me at my desk, then progressed to saying goodbye at the classroom door, the corridor and then the playground!




This post is for my Flashback Friday, this week the theme is New Start - it can be anything you from your first day at school or a new job, a house move or a new relationship for example.

As ever you can interpret this as you wish, and if you don't have a photo but would like to share a story then feel free to do that too!  It doesn't matter how far back you go - whether it's 10 months or 10 or 50 years, just take us back to a moment in time!

FlashbackFriday
Grab my button
and join in




Next week in honour of Father's Day the theme is nice and simple.....  Dad 

So get searching through the archives and see what you can come up with!

3 comments:

  1. You look like you haven't a care in the world in that photo and are jauntily heading off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are ok about going in the photo! I love how it was staged! What are our parents like! Must have been awful for your mum when you were crying. Just like it being hard for us with ours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. MidlifeSinglemum15 June 2012 at 09:42

    I remember my first day at Primary school so well. Getting into the wrong line for lunch and crying. And when my mum picked me up and asked me what we did I replied, "I don't have to tell you."

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails