Saturday, 9 June 2012

20 Questions - Interview with a 3 year old.

I came across a great idea on Pinterest a while ago where you ask your child a series of questions each year on their birthday staring at age 3 and then you can see how their answers change over the years.  I asked him the questions over a few days as and when he decided to cooperate and answer them - to most of them the answer was first 'I don't know' which is what he responds to everything at the moment even if he knows so I had to try a few times to get an answer out of him!

Now he keeps asking me the questions too!



1. What is your favourite colour? Light blue (this changes each time you ask him!) 

2. What is your favourite toy?    Thomas   (the tank engine) 

3. What is your favorite fruit?  Grapes

4. What is your favourite tv show?  Thomas 

5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?  Ham and salad cream (sandwiches

6. What is your favorite outfit?   Boys will be boys (t-shirt, doesn't care which shorts!) 

7. What is your favourite game?  Snap downstairs with Nanna

8. What is your favorite snack?  Nanna's special Cream biscuits  (Custard Creams - I don't buy them!)

9. What is your favourite animal?  Elevan (from 'Jungle Junction)

10. What is your favourite song?  'Clicking and a clacking'   (from one of the Thomas films)   and 'Brown ga lin a ling' (otherwise known as 'Brown Girl in The Ring - Bony M!) 

11. What is your favourite book?  Thomas (the exact book changes every five minutes but it's always a Thomas one!) 

12. Who is your best friend?    Mummy    (but really I'd say Leiarna, or Jack or Kyle usually depending on his mood - I think he was after something with this answer!) 

13. What is your favourite dinner? S'getti and sausage (Spaghetti)

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Watering (playing with the hose on the balcony)

15. What is your favourite drink?    Juice in a box  (any carton of drink!) 

16. What is your favourite place to go?  The park with the statue (our nearest park)

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Little orange raff (his cuddly giraffe he's had since birth)

18. What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?  Cheerios and raisins 

19. What do you want on your birthday?  My friends to come (for the party) and some cake 

20. What do you want to be when you grow up?   I don't know....erm Daddy.   ( I thought he'd struggle with this one not really knowing what the options are!) 




I'm sure if I asked him these again they would change each time but they were his first answers, it will be interesting to see what they will be next year!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute.  I want to do this with my son but have 2 years to wait to start it.  Will probably forget by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry [Cakeblast]15 June 2012 at 05:32

    What a great idea - will be fun to look back on his answers - my youngest just turned three and he would probably not "get" several of the questions. For instance, I asked him today if he knew where the remote was and he said "I'M STRUMMIN' THE GUITAR!" but I may try something similar in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I've copied it and done it with Charles.
    I think its even funnier if they don't get the questions...as you'll see on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, am doing it and I've videoed it, like Lauren did. Good work missus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so going to do this with my almost 3 year old....what a fab idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting myself psyched up for interviewing The Boy in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just about to publish my Interview With A Five Year Old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek, I haven't done mine yet. Job for today methinks :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails