Friday, 11 May 2012

Young love?

Aaron and I in the 1980's  - Didn't we make such a cute couple?

You've probably guessed, this is not an original photo, but I came across it the other day and remembered how much I love it! It was done by Aaron's brother just before our wedding after we'd sent him a bunch of photos to use on a website he was making for our wedding information.

Aaron and I didn't know each other way back then, and it's probably a good thing as from sharing stories over the years we would not have got on at all! There is a four year age gap between us and had we have met much earlier than we did I think it would have been too big to cross!

As a young teenager he acted older than his age (bunking off school and going to the pub, his school uniform was black trousers, white shirt, school tie and blazer - take the tie and blazer off and you blended in. Much better easier for him than the kids who went to the other local school who had to wear the nasty brown uniform!)    while at the same age I would have still been merrily playing and being shocked that some of my friends were smoking or worse!

Hopefully Leo will grow up somewhere in-between the two of us - I was a bit 'square' and boring and wasn't very confident growing up and Aaron was maybe too far the other end of the spectrum!  We eventually met in the middle (maybe even swapping ends!)  So I reckon there's a good chance he will be fine!

********************************

This week Flashback Friday is having a rest and there is no linky.   From next week though I plan to remind you all and hopefully get a few more people joining in.  To help you out I'll be giving a prompt,
I'll start you off for next Friday with
'Waiting'  

as this time 3 years ago I was doing just that, waiting for the arrival of baby Leo!

You can be as creative as you wish with the theme, so maybe a pregnancy post, or sometime in your past you felt you were waiting for something or someone?  You don't HAVE To follow the theme, I love reading your flashbacks so please feel free to link up any flashback post.

You can grab the code for my Flashback Friday badge below. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

FlashbackFriday
Grab my button
and join in

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture -it was very well done and looks very cute. I added your button and tried to promote the meme a bit. I just posted my first "Flashback Friday" post http://cakeblast.com/technology/flashback-friday-128-mb-flash-drive-from-2003/ and would love for you to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww look at you both! How sweet! Sounds like Aaronnwas a right rebel, i was like you a bit square and without any confidence!
    So waiting huh! Ok I will think up a post xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails