Wednesday, 23 May 2012

The Gallery - Picture Postcard

Can you believe that Tara's Gallery has been running for 100 weeks now,  not only that but I've now joined in with 52 of them, and it had already been running a while when I came across it!  This week she's gone with a gorgeous theme to celebrate - Picture Postcard
and as a thank you for supporting her for so long Tara is offering us the chance to win a set of greetings cards.... not only that but the draw is open to everyone around the world so I can actually join in for once ;)

I just knew my photo would be a scenic shot, the problem was choosing one,  I once said that you can never have too many sunset or sea photos, it turns out you can!

One of my favourites was actually taken by Aaron and was taken on holiday here in Cyprus, in 2008, the year after we brought our apartment. I had the photo stuck on the wall next to my desk at work for nearly two years before we moved over and I used to stare at it and try and imagine the day that I would be living just down the road from there, I now use it cropped down as my blog header. 

This one was taken last year on a rare afternoon I spent on my own, it was October I think and still warm but on this day was very windy. In just an hours walk I took a load of photos of the gorgeous views and the sea crashing dramatically on the rocks. 

This is one of my favourites from the day...




13 comments:

  1. Oh look at that sea! What a colour. It's a beautiful photo Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, we are going to Cyprus this summer, first beach holiday for our new baba and cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite things. An hour alone somewhere beautiful with my camera

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous picture - no wonder it made you move to Cyprus. The colour of the sea and sky is amazing. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful - you are very very lucky! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful place to live - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that is beautiful. I would give my right arm to live where you do right now!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. ForestFlower2323 May 2012 at 22:16

    That is beautiful. So blue..... 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheetahsinmyshoes23 May 2012 at 22:17

    As every, the Gallery is just making me want to up sticks and visit all these beautiful places - what a lovely picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I was there, it looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful light! i want to jump in to that ocean. B

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is completely stunning, you are so lucky to live somewhere like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you'd come up with something stunning and you didn't fail, fabulous shot

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails