Thursday, 8 March 2012

On my birthday...

Another day, another meme, but this one from Kate at The Five F's looked quite interesting.... I even had to do research go to Wikipedia.   The task is to answer the following questions about your birthday, I didn't actually know the answers to any of them, (except 'When is your birthday obviously') until I consulted my good friend the inter'web.


When is your birthday?
11th October

Pick 3 people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.
 I did know that Luke Perry shared my birthday as I had a bit of a thing for him back in the original 90210 days.  Neil Buchanan (remember him?) was also born on 11th October - he was the presenter of CITV program Art Attack but I remember first seeing him in Saturday morning show No.73 (which few people seem to remember except me!)
Also Dawn French - I don't think she needs much explanation though as she's a bit of a legend.

Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year) If so, what do you know about them?
There are 4 people listed as being born on the same day and I hadn't heard of any of them.  Although when I read a bit more I discovered that one of them - Matthew Bomer was in 'In Time' - a film I watched last week and has also been in Glee.

List 3 people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.
There is a big long list of people but I'd only heard of one of them, Edith Piaf and all I knew about her was that she sang the famous French song 'Je ne regrette de rien'

List 3 notable events which took place on your birthday.
Again, I didn't know of any but I thought the most interesting was the fact that the date did not exist in the year 1582 due to the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, when Thursday 4th October was followed by Friday 15th October.
In 1968 NASA launched the first successful manned Apollo mission, and in 1982 the Tudor ship, the Mary Rose was salvaged from the sea bed of the Solent, off of Portsmouth - a place I visited as a child.


Tell us about a holiday which falls on your birthday.
Meditrinalia -  apparently an obscure Roman festival celebrated in honour of the new vintage, when Romans used to then start to drink the new wine, there are also several Christian feast days which I think are a great combination of holidays to share my birthday with!
It is also Old Michaelmas day, which says that blackberries should not be picked after this date, folklore says that on this date Satan fell from heaven into a blackberry bush and cursed them as he fell.


Well, they say you learn something new every day!


On my birthday

I'm going to tag Real Housewife, Lauren to join in too, if you fancy joining in,leave me a comment or a tweet and I'll add you in below!

I really enjoyed finding out this information and may just be back soon with the answers for Leo's birthday in case he's ever interested!

3 comments:

  1. It's a great meme isn't it - I found out all sorts of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember No.73!!! Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab choices. I love the blackberry story, never knew that! 

    Thanks for joining in. 

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails