Friday, 9 March 2012

Flashback Friday - Toys & Games

I was very lucky growing up in the fact I always had plenty of things to do and play with, of course I didn't always realise this and used to drive my Mum crazy with repeatedly whining 'Muuuuum I'm bored'   I did suffer from a huge lack of imagination and I hope Leo doesn't take after me in that respect - it seems so far though he's streets ahead of me already in that respect!

I remember setting up my Sindy house and dressing the dolls and then not really knowing what to 'do' with them, once I'd played the same thing each time with them   - Wedding, with Sindy marrying Ken, (while Barbie was bridesmaid in what now seems a bizarre love triangle kind of fashion!)  My favourite part was organising the wedding, setting up the house and the chairs, arranging the food and dressing the dolls only to then be a bit stumped for further scenarios to act out!

Looking back it appears that all my playing was based in reality, as you can see in this photo from 1981.


This is me playing 'house' in our dog's kennel which became mine as the dog never used it!  

I loved my little house and you can see it became very well equipped with table and chair, (almost) fitted carpets, and pots and pans.  In the edge of the photo you can see my baby's cot and pushchair, I am guessing the baby was asleep and I was therefore having a nice sit down and cup of tea!

Yep,  certainly realistic - you will rarely see me running around doing housework instead of having a rest while a baby sleeps!


This post is for my Flashback Friday, this week's theme is Toys and Games. If you'd like to join in you can read all about it here. If you wish, grab the code for the badge to display on your post, the important part though is to come back and add your post to the linky, then visit some of the others for a lovely nostalgia fest!


FlashbackFriday
Grab my button
and join in




5 comments:

  1. I really like your idea to making a little house for kids. It will be more colorful and everything should be well arranged in house. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a playhouse! I love all the details too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!
    I think childhood is the perfect age of life, Nowadays children are wasting time on internet they have no toys to play except a joystick of play-station..

    kktc araba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this weeks theme. Your photo is fab! My brother was born in 1980 and my Mum had a big pram just like your one...it had a carry cot on it. It looked just like yours but bigger x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee thats such a fn y and sweet post and i love your 'house' i never had anything so fancy!! i bet your dog wishes he could have had it back after your refurbishments lol xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails