Monday, 26 March 2012

Baby & Toddler Exhibition - Cyprus

Yesterday, for the first time in the two years I have known my friend Sam we finally escaped the kids for the whole day and had a day out without the little darlings!

We went to Nicosia to the Baby, Toddler and Christening exhibition held at the Cyprus State Pavilion.  I was really looking forward to it, and after attending several events in Cyprus which didn't live up to my expectations was intrigued to see how successful it would be.

Before I get moaned at, I realise Cyprus is not England, and that it is a small country but often I get frustrated with how easily things could be improved - events are not always well publicised and I feel the internet  / social media is rarely used to its full potential,  not that I claim to be an expert by any means but if I can see ways to improve things then they must be there!

I was excited to see in the run up to the exhibition that the organisers were using their facebook page along with various groups to promote it.  I was therefore hopeful it would be worth the drive to Nicosia (it's only about 40 minutes but on a small island people tend not to drive that far very often!)

We arrived just after opening time at 11am and didn't leave until 4pm, we had a very enjoyable time chatting to the various exhibitors, some of which we had met before and some we discovered for the first time.

Greek 4 Kids, Mum's in Cyprus, The Maternity Wardobe and Emma's Lunch.  - just a few of the  exhibitors.

It was nice to see a few companies from Larnaca and Limmasol represented at the show but being as the show was held in Nicosia most of the companies were based in the capital. I hope the show will happen next year and it would be great if it could be expanded to cover the whole island from East to West as well.   I think with a larger range of exhibitors and an island wide advertising campaign both on and offline this could be an amazing opportunity for both business and families.

Although we chose not to take our toddlers there were plenty of activities for children to take part in, Little Kickers gave children a chance to try out their football skills, Early Learning Centre Cyprus were there with craft activities and there was a really cool looking bouncy castle which unfortunately I was too big to go on and free face painting for the kids..... and the big kids as well!


We collected plenty of information about the different companies and saw some amazing products, from all kinds of different cakes (which got sampled in the interests of research) Sun-protective swimwear,  handmade gifts, decorations, nappy cakes, photographers, event planners and more.

I left the show feeing quite inspired and hoping that one day I can get involved with a company providing a similar service.  My dream job has always been in event planning and I've always loved this type of big exhibition.   After attending things like the Ideal Home show in the UK and more recently the Baby Show at Earls Court I was very pleased to say that one day I can see this being on a similar scale...... and if they need a hand I'll be happy to help!


I attended the show as a member of the public and am (unfortunately!) not working in conjunction with any of the companies  - I added the links to companies that I have used before or discovered yesterday that I like and received no compensation to do so, all the views are my own! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I had no idea about these type of events when I was pregnant with The Boy, I'll certainly be going if I have another one. (Not to the one in Cyprus though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the 2013 exhibition! Baby, Toddler & Christening Exhibition 2013 is THE event for your pregnancy, baby and toddler. You will find Cyprus leading experts on pregnancy, baby and toddler, as well as amazing shopping and fantastic live entertainment for the little ones. Plus lots more! This year upgraded and for the first time to be held at Hilton Cyprus on the 13th & 14th of April 2013. Opening Hours: Saturday 13/4/13 15:00 to 20:00 Sunday 14/4/13 11:00 to 20:00.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails