Wednesday, 22 February 2012

A green and pleasant landscape

When I saw this weeks Gallery prompt  Landscapes, I initially thought of the huge selection of landscape photos I've got, taken in the last couple of years since we've been in Cyprus.   While trying to choose one from the collection of sea shots. beach shots and balcony views (which I have a surprising amount of considering it doesn't really change much!)  a photo from a long time ago suddenly popped into my head.




I took this back in the early 90s, we were on holiday just outside of Ryde on the Isle of Wight and this was the view from the front door of our holiday chalet.  When we got home and collected our photos from being developed   (as much as I love digital photography, I really do miss the excitement of collecting your photos and looking through them in the shop as you can't wait until you get home!)  I was really pleased with how it had turned out, I was even more pleased when my parents got it enlarged and put it on the wall with some of the landscape shots my Dad (an ex-photographer) had taken.

I was also very impressed that on phoning my Mum this week and describing the photo she managed to locate it in under 20 minutes from not even thinking we still had it!



 

14 comments:

  1. It is a lovely shot - not surprised they framed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo it also reminds me of the colour sands that you can use to fill up small ornamental containers at Alum Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo! i also miss the excitement and expectancy of going to pick up photos from the developers and going through them one by one, the feel of the paper, the putting them into albums, but i'm growing to love digital...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo and your Mum should run courses on effecient storage systems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photot, I used to go to Ryde when I was little - think it was a Pontins or Haven campsite I stayed on. I know what you mean about the excitement of getting your photos developed, I miss that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. its a magnificent shot Emma and you would never know it was taken on the Isle Of Wight x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the world expert :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one we went to was Puckpool & St Clare, it was a Warner campsite, think it later changed its name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo. So green and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Framed perfectly isn't it. Well done. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails