Friday, 27 January 2012

A rainy day in Cyprus

Cyprus - an island in the sun, with 340 days of sunshine a year, or so they told us!  So that means only 15 days of rain right?   I think that might be a little bit of exaggeration creeping into that sales pitch as it seems we've certainly had more than enough of this....


On Wednesday this was the view that greeted me as I opened the curtains,  I suddenly had the feeling this day was going to need a bit of effort to survive it. Leo has been suffering from a bad cough which had seemed to be on its way out but has now turned into a streaming cold.  I am amazed at the amount of snot that can be produced by one child!

Because of this, Leo's not feeling his best and therefore is not he's usual happy self. A plan was needed to cheer him up....Let the activity day commence!

First up......
Making biscuits, but not just any biscuits, oh no, a day like this calls for the most exciting biscuits you could imagine if you are 2..... train biscuits!    (recipe taken from Trouble Doubled)


There was a bit of a meltdown after I agreed we could ice then before realising I had no icing sugar, and again as he wanted to put the uncooked biscuits on his tracks rather than in the oven but we got there in the end.  We then enjoyed tea (for Daddy and me)  and milk (for him) and a train biscuit each.

After some Thomas on the TV (Leo) and washing up (Mummy) I realised it was past our usual lunchtime, this is not something that happens very often as like his Mum, Leo doesn't ever miss meals! It was obvious he was feeling poorly so I took inspiration from Vanja at Emma's Lunch and made it a bit more interesting.

He looked a bit confused when presented with it and said 'What you done to my lunch Mummy, it's gone a bit funny'. After explaining it was a special lunch it was quite taken with it,even though he pretty much just ate the cheese!

After lunch, I suggested we made a rainbow picture, (an idea to use up an old paint chart) which was met with large whoops and cheers so I thought we were onto a winner. We were, but only in a couple of chunks of about 5 minutes,  after which he insisted I did it while he watched then attacked it with a purple crayon!  Oh well, it kept him happy for a while...


After all that he went for a well earned nap, something which is becoming a rarity these days so he must be off colour. The sun did make a break through in the afternoon but by then all he was fit for was cuddles under a blanket on the sofa and a Thomas DVD on the TV.

Hopefully the sun will be out again soon and everyone will be back to full health.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picnic lunch, what a great idea. Noah would love that. Hope the little man is feeling better now. Thanks for linking to Family Frolics. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the reservoirs will fill up!  Quite fancy that lunch myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. MidlifeSinglemum9 October 2012 at 20:31

    We've got that weather now. I admire your inginuity. The lunch picnic looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not really my ingenuity though, it's all borrowed from other people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, I think we've had quite enough now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby! Glad the biscuits turned out edible - bonus. It looks like you had a busy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely day! I too have spent ages setting up an activity for my toddler, only for him to want me to do it all for him! Whenever I get him to make something I always have to make one for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanja @ Emma's Lunch9 October 2012 at 20:47

    I love your tin! So happy you did that :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails