Wednesday, 14 December 2011

The Ultimate Christmas Meme!

Have I mentioned that I love Christmas? The blog world is going a bit Christmas crazy so it was only a mater of time before 'The Ultimate Christmas Meme' appeared, it was started by Mummy Alarm and I've been tagged by Jenny from Mummy Mishaps who loves Christmas as much as I do.  I love an excuse to get even more festive so here's my answers...

1.The Christmas song I can listen to even in June is...
As much as I love Christmas I wouldn't want to listen to any Christmas songs in June, it's weird enough often being sunny here in December let alone listening to Christmas songs in 40 odd degree heat!  I like to keep Christmas special so try not to do anything festive until December. That said if I had to choose one it would be the best Christmas song of all time - Fairytale of New York.


2.Hot Chocolate, Egg Nog or Mulled wine?
Seeing as I don't like the others it would have to be Hot Chocolate, preferably with a big slug of baileys in it.

3.When do you put your decorations up?
Not on Christmas Eve that's for sure!  Usually about 2 weeks before the day itself,  again - although I love Christmas I don't like it to start too early, I think there should be a law against putting them up in November!

4 What are you having for Christmas dinner?
Turkey and all the trimmings, I've already made and frozen Red Cabbage and Cauliflower Cheese, two recent additions to our Christmas dinner but in just a few years have become a very well loved part!

5.What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Putting the decorations up I think, it's an exciting part as all the festivities are still to come and I enjoy having a drink and listening to the Christmas CD while doing so - the decorating is an event in itself!   Although come back to me in a year or two and I may have developed more traditions as Leo grows up which may change my answer!

6. Have you ever gone Carol singing?
Once many years ago with the Brownies, we didn't actually knock on doors but we stood in a big group at the top of my road by the shops, bus stop and pub! I seem to remember there being quite a crowd of us with Brownies and parents, siblings and anyone else who got roped in, and I think I really enjoyed it.


7. When did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't know how old I was, but one year I woke up as my bedroom door opened and I saw my Mum putting my presents at the bottom of my bed. I asked what she was doing and after a slight hesitation she explained that Santa was very busy delivering all the presents so she had met him downstairs and was just helping him out. I don't remember if I totally bought the explanation but I think I may have done as I wanted to believe. Even as I got older I still insisted my Mum continue putting my presents in my bedroom - she drew the line when I was out to the pub and going to bed later than she was!

8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, then tinsel, then decorations... as Leo can now tell you!  (he was desperate to get the decorations out and we kept telling him to wait as that was the order so he started repeating it!)   Our tree is huge, its almost 8ft and very wide, it was big in our old 3 bedroom house but *may* be slight overkill in our apartment, I don't care - I love it!  
It's always been a 2 colour tree, only red and silver decorations. We put it up together with the Christmas music blaring away in the background to drown out Aaron's moaning ;)    and then he puts the lights on as I always end up getting really annoyed with them. He usually puts the tinsel on too as I 'don't do it right'  (I like to argue this point but it does look better when he does it - but ssssh don't tell him!)  then the rest is down to me, this year with Leo's assistance for the first time.

9. What's the best thing about Christmas? 
I love it all, food, drink, presents, cooking, get togethers, even present wrapping and card writing but this year the best thing will be Leo as it's the first year he will really start to appreciate what's happening.

10. All I want for Christmas is...
Apart from good health to my family and friends all I really ask for is for a job for Aaron, well, either that or a huge lottery win!  



You know the rules.... 'do the meme and tag some bloggers' but rules are meant to be broken! If you fancy joining in go for it and let me know, I'll give you a mention.


1 comment:

  1. reading all these memes is making me feel even more Christmassy!! I hope Aaron gets a job soon - i am sure he will.
    you are very organised having already made2 of your vegetable sides!! i had made 24 mince pies and froze them at Jon's parents but his dad accidentally defrosted them at the weekend so now i have to make more plus some for my mum - *sighs*still i will put on some xmassy music and all will be ok xx
    thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails