Monday, 5 December 2011

Popular posts

As the year draws to a close it's natural to reflect on the year that has passed, and look back over the previous 12 months. This week BritMums are asking us bloggers to share the best of our blogs, favourite posts or most popular so I've been trawling through the archives to remind myself of what I've been up to.

This has been a great year in blogging terms, I've really enjoyed both writing mine and reading others, I've 'met' some great people who although I've not met...yet - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I'll get to go to BritMums Live) I would consider to be good friends. I've had a chance to review my first products and I've really enjoyed joining in with  lots of link ups with other blogs.

I can hardly believe that I've written 243 posts so far this year and I've enjoyed every minute, it makes up for the fact that we have nothing to watch on TV!  I'd like to share the top 5 favourites with you in case you missed them!

1.The most viewed post by far is actually one of the most annoying, as in it I share my the Children's programs I find the most annoying, this post has had more views than any other post I've written added together!
2. The second most viewed post was the sad story of Alethea Ayres, an inspirational woman who battled with malignant melanoma and sadly lost her fight earlier this year.
3.Back in July Cyprus suffered its biggest disaster in years when the Evangelos Florakis Naval base was destroyed by a huge explosion - I wrote about how it affected us in 'No Tea & Teletubbies.
4. In September we finally finished Leo's bedroom and he had a 'proper' room for the first time, I shared before and after photos and and asked 'What makes a House a home?'
5. I'm really please that the fifth most popular post was actually written by my Mum, about how she copes with Menieres Disease. I hope that it may have helped someone in a similar position.

I don't even know where to start with my favourite posts, I enjoy the photo posts so along with all the Flashback Friday's and Silent Sunday's I've really enjoyed my 'Discovering Cyprus' posts as it's great to get out exploring and finding lovely places to photograph.

I've no idea what I'll be blogging about in the coming year but as ever I'm sure I'll think of things as we go....


Linked up to this weeks BritMums Blog prompts.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your list of kids tv choices, I can't stand Teletubbies or Balamory lol. And what a fantastic transformation in your little ones room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your number 5 was how I found you - it was such a lovely post, full of hope as well as evoking sympathy for your mum. No wonder it was popular :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails