Saturday, 31 December 2011

2011 it's been nice knowing you!

It's the time of year when you can't help but reflect over the previous 12 months and wonder what the next 12 will bring. For those who have been following my blog for a while you will know that this year has been a mixed bag for us....

The highlight was my parents moving over to Cyprus in March, and the low point was Aaron losing his job in August.  It's been great to see a couple of old friends from the UK who managed to visit us this year but sad to say goodbye to two friends of mine who had to move back to the UK.  Among the worries though there have been many good points,  various birthday's, days at the beach and meet ups with friends.
I'm linking up to Michelle's Reason's to be Cheerful this week, I haven't joined in for ages due to the fact that I've been really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find some decent reasons each week, but looking back over the photos of my year I realise we've still had a ball!

It was a year full of simple things and could have been better but was not that bad - although I hope 2012 will bring some good changes for us..... and a lot of luck - I think we're gonna need it!

12 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Hope things work out well for you in the New year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post and I love the slideshow.  I hope a better year for many, including you and me, dont think I know anyone who can wholey say they had a good year.  But its true, its the simple things that make it good, if you can get past the lack of jobs, lack of money and whatever anyone's issues are and find the good and happy times.  
    Wishing you a very happy and prosperous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the slideshow and am glad you have found some things to be cheerful about in 20112. Here';s to a happy 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a wonderful 2012 in which you find the solutions you need for all the loose ends left over from 2011. I love your philosophical approach and the way you concentrate on the good times. Looking forward to another year of blogging woth you. Happy New Year xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a good year and 202 is going to be the BEST one yet! happy New year Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and I hope 2012 is better for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to you, glad to have 'met' you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word. Have your parents really been in Cyprus since March. That's gone quickly!! Feels like I was just reading about their move.
    Happy New Year. Hope 2012 is a fantastic one for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got worried when I saw the title of this post, I thought you were leaving blogging. It has been a hard year for you, I know and I pray 2012 will be a real blessed year for you all.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, sorry to worry you (nice to know I'd be missed though!) Thank you for your prayers, hope 2012 is a good year for you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time does fly doesn't it, it seemed a lifetime waiting for them to arrive but now seems like they've always been here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a tumultuous year but with your parents there you must feel so much more settled? Hope 2012 brings every happiness.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails