Thursday, 8 September 2011

Always look on the bright side of life....

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

I am married to possibly the most optimistic man of all time, many times during our relationship we have been in varying degrees of the brown and smelly stuff and each time I've worried or panicked about it he has assured me it will be fine. This includes the time we sat on a park bench debating our future, with a 10 week old baby, no-where to live in the UK, no income in the UK as he was self employed and had lost a big contract and a mortgage that we had to pay in a country we had only spent just over 2 weeks in. We had had a plan, and this was not it! We came to the conclusion that we were more stuffed than ever before, I laughed (in a slightly manic hysterical way) and Aaron said... "Trust me, it'll all be fine"   (it was, we suddenly took the plunge and moved to our new apartment six weeks later!)


I asked him what he was basing that response on, how on earth could it possibly be fine this time. The response, as ever was "it just will, it always is eventually'   To be fair, Aaron is generally a lucky b***ger and so far it has eventually always turned out fine, if not really good!  My worry is that one day his luck will run out. 


I think many people would believe the same - but Aaron is 110% sure that his luck will never run out - and I think maybe it's his attitude that means it's true..... which is handy as last week he lost his job which now leaves neither of us working in a country where we don't speak the main language and neither of us really know the best way to go about finding work.  It's often said "it's not what you know, it's who you know" and that is very true here in Cyprus. 


He is, as usual annoyingly calm about the situation, which winds me up but is fine. I realise that both of us cannot run around in a panic.  Looking at things rationally maybe this is a good thing, maybe this means we will end up in an even better situation than before eventually, and I think you make your own luck anyway, after all.....


"Destiny is not a matter of chance - it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved" 




Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

In case you are wondering why I'm linking to Mich's Reasons to be Cheerful   it's because I am attempting to be more like my lovely hubby who usually always makes me cheerful when it all looks like it's going to pot!



20 comments:

  1. Wow - hope it really works out for you - well done with the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post Emma. I'm covered in goose bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear things are stressful right now but you never know, things might turn out for the best.  My mum used to say things like that and say that perhaps we cannot always see it but things do generally work out just fine.  Sounds like you a good partnership, each complementing each other to me. All the best.
    My reasons are over at http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good enough reason for me! Mine too always takes the attitude that it will be ok whilst I am on my knees panicking - I'd like a bit to rub off on me too please. I hope things turn around for you soon, will keep my fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Husband sounds a bit like mine always positive and lands on his feet! Good luck and hope everything works itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I'm sure it will work out fine in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, I'm sure he's right, it'll work out sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I'm sure it will in the end, just hope it doesn't take too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband also has that unending faith that things will be fine.  Problem is my long history of bad luck is swamping his, leaving us precariously balanced all the time.  Drives me completely round the bend when he assumes things will be great. 

    In response I've started leaving such problems to him.  If he's not going to get stressed about it he may as well deal with the problem.  I suspect we're both a bit happier as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he, OH is always more optimistic than I am, we're like yin and yang in this house :)

    Thanks for linking up anyway and I LOVE the song at the top, one of my favs for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you read my #R2Bc this week?  You might just like it.  I believe that Aarons attitude has everything to do with his happiness and seemingly luck.  You make your own luck and his great attitude, clear head and hard graft have made his.

    You WILL be more than fine my lovely.  Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Emma. I never really had a plan and evertime I was nearly at the edge, something came up. Some people just live on miracles - unexplainable but there's definitely something out there watching over us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that Aaron has lost his job. Great to hear he's staying so positive though. Hopefully that positivity will pay off soon and the job offers come flooding in x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't beat a bit of Python :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read it this morning and it did seem like it could have been written for me! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that idea but I'd worry that he wouldn't be doing anything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear that Aaron lost his job, I love his positive attitude and anyone with such an outgoing attitude DESERVES good luck!
    You are a blessed family and I share in his positivity that you will come up on top again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. thinking positive is a state of mind :-) welcome to the R2BC club

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your entry is beautiful! I really needed that :0)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails