Sunday, 28 August 2011

Rosetta Stone World and Studio - Review

I've just finished my third live Studio session with Rosetta Stone.  Studio sessions form a large part of the learning experience with the new TOTALe software and I find them both brilliant fun and nerve racking at the same time!

The Studio sessions are where you chat in real time with a native speaker and one or two other students.  The tutor has a webcam so you can see them (they only hear us so you don't have to worry about doing your hair!) and they use various combinations of pictures to ask you questions about and start conversations.

I found this third session quite difficult as I had only just finished the lessons leading up to it and had not practised quite as much as I should have done but Maria the tutor was ever so helpful and very encouraging.

Along with the Studio sessions you can also visit Rosetta World. which is home to their online games and activities. There are three types, Solo - where you play games by yourself. Duo - where you play with other learners, and Simbio - where you play with native speakers.

Unfortunately every time I have been online I have never found anyone else to play with so have only tried the Solo games. I assume this to be due to the majority of learners being in the United States. I have had a similar problem scheduling Studio sessions as most are between midnight and 6am.  I would love to participate in the Studios several times a week but have only been able to do three in almost three months.

The TOTALe package comes with 3 months free subscription to the online services. I don't think I'll be renewing the subscription unfortunately  as there is not enough available in my time zone to make it worthwhile for me, this is a shame as I really do think that it is a fantastic way to help your knowledge along, and fun!

I still love it though and will be continuing through the rest of the levels of the course. Now holidays are over I'm going to get stuck in at least 2 or 3 times a week... I'll keep you updated!

Amatterofchoice



 I was sent the the Rosetta Stone language course to review but have not received any other compensation, the views and opinions are all my own.

3 comments:

  1. StevenGrahamOnline29 April 2012 at 20:03

     I just got Mandarin. When I learn more I will be on the online world to learn with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I have Rosetta Stone Total-e too but in Mandarin otherwise I'd be sure to log in when you are on and play the games with you!!
    I love the programme but have not yet had a chance to do a live session!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.bellsenglishonline.com/. is my favorite product hands down and I learned so much English. I recently ordered Intermidiate pack and I cant wait to use it as my platform to learn English. I got 6 lessons in English for only 48$ which is cheap but awesome time. It works fine for me, but everyone learns completely different.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails