Friday, 12 August 2011

Flashback Friday - My Hen Night

Last week I "flashed back" to my Hen weekend, a school disco weekend at Butlins. Due to my girls' commitments this happened several months before my wedding so obviously I had to have a Hen night as well!

As night's out in my previous life (pre-baby!) go, this was actually one not one that would make 'my top 10 but it was my hen night and therefore quite special.  My bridesmaid and I picked a cabaret night in a local hotel, they had a reputation for being very good (and busy) nights and I had been to several already. I think we may have even booked without knowing the theme.
Me, Mum & Mum in law to be

That would be where we went wrong I think!  It was a Caribbean Night and apart from our group there was only one other, another hen party! The food was not great and due to a lack of people was not the best atmosphere on the dance floor.  Despite this it was still an enjoyable evening, my highlight being the very last song - the DJ started playing "New York, New York" and without thinking I just shouted to him (yes, there were that few people on the dance floor he could here me easily!)   'NO, don't play that!'

Although a bit of a cliche, I wouldn't normally mind but with no more than 10 people on the floor it really wouldn't work! He asked me what to play instead so I said the first thing that came to mind [ Robbie Williams  'Angels'.   Two of my best friends and I then stood, arms round each other singing at the top of our voices in a little huddle. As it ended I remember one of my bridesmaids (she NEVER dances) shaking her head and saying "You lot better not be crying!"

Every time I hear the song now it always reminds me of my random hen night, and my lovely girls.

Posing by a cardboard tree, as you do!



7 comments:

  1. A simply fabulous Flashback! I love it! A great way to go into the weekend...thanks lovely! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a great endi to your hen night, even if it had nt been the best location to hold it! Still it'd who you are out einthat counts I always thinks, as long as you have fun and special people around you, it will always be a good night! Great photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fact that you had TWO hen's parties! :o) And you were right to ask for "Angels" instead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two hen nights very lucky, sounds like a good night out despite the venue..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow two hen nights, lucky girl. I tried singing Angels once to a few bemused Americans, drunk as a skunk when we were in St Pete's it was such a terrible rendition I've never had another go at it solo, only with Robbie nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue and Alison were very good at the limbo dancing and the steel drums were tested as well, even sounded tuneful!! Everyone made it a good evening. Pity we did not get served fish and chips instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it would have been rude not to, the Mum's didn't come away for the 1st one :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails