Monday, 4 April 2011

My Mother's Day

On Sunday after a lovely long lie-in (Thank you AJ xx) I got up and was presented with a cup of tea, lovely big breakfast (and it was slimming world friendly, so even better) and then Leo lovingly presented me with this...(well after I chased him around a little as he didn't really want to give something up which had just been handed to him!)


It's my first ever Mothers Day card, yay!
(yes, it is actually my 2nd Mothers Day but Leo couldn't talk last year and couldn't ask his Daddy to do anything about it)


I've been a Mother for almost 2 years now, and although it only seems five minutes ago that we brought him home I can't properly remember a time without him.  
oh, hang on wait - that was when I went out drinking, slept till 11am and then spent the day on the sofa watching Top Gear re-runs, when I could have a conversation on the phone without someone hanging on my leg crying for 'bebums' (that's raisins to you and me!) and when I could stay up past 11pm without wondering how many times I'd be up in the night.... but it was also the time when despite the friends / nights out / TV that didn't involve Postmen and their cats what I really wanted was an addition to our family. 


So although it sometimes may appear that I'm moaning (ok - I am sometimes actually moaning, I don't intend to it just happens!)  I don't really mean it. I love being a Mum and feel so lucky to be able to stay at home with him at the moment. I wouldn't change a thing - although Leo if you could listen to Mummy just a little bit more, oh and lose the 'look' when you are not very impressed with the situation,as I was not expecting to see that for another 11 years or so, then I'd be even more grateful )

Every day he amazes and amuses me with the random things and says and does, He is such a clever little man, yeah I know everyone thinks their child is the most clever child ever, but mine actually is :) and I don't think it will be long before he's trying to outsmart me, I give it till the end of the week!



10 comments:

  1. A wonderful post - I'm back for more :) Thank you for linking up today! XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote on your header! Happy Mothers Day to you :) XoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely mother's day! Being a mum really is the best job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally want to be your newest follower! Happy Mothers Day. My eldest was born in the UK and even though we live in Oz now, I think I should get two days don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calling by from The Post of The Month Club, although I am already a follower I seem to have missed this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2nd Mothers Day...time marches by so quickly so you will one day look back as wonder where it has all gone. Savor these precious moments. Found you via Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated mother's day! This was such a sweet post. There is nothing better than being than being a mom, even though it is sometimes so difficult. It is worth it, though! I'm visiting from Happy Homemaker UK's party :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least two days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Happy mother's day! We celebrate the American one, although I guess I could easily claim both now! :P

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails