Friday, 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding


Love it or hate it you can't have not noticed there was a rather important wedding today. I love a good wedding and I also love the British pomp and circumstance so today was always going to be a winner for me.

BBC Entertainment for once, didn't let us down and showed the same coverage of the wedding as BBC One. Many pubs in Cyprus were showing it and providing free champagne cocktails or BBQs or buffets but I decided chasing Leo around a pub wouldn't enable me to see much so was pleased I could watch from home.

Leo holding his flag and probably wondering why they were not waving them in the Abbey!
Dad fired up his first BBQ (I intended to get a photo but was distracted by all the pretty wedding guests arriving!) and we managed to keep Leo happy to watch in relative peace.  He enjoyed naming the colours of peoples hats and watching all the flags waving, He found a toy flag from his Megablocks set and waved it each time they showed the crowd!

I enjoyed reading Facebook today and seeing what my friends in the UK were up to, I was pleased to see (and a little envious) many going to street parties and BBQ's or just having gatherings at home, I would have loved to have joined them for the day.


What did you do, did you celebrate or hide away until it was all over?

6 comments:

  1. It's great you got to see it. I did with a crying baby and a restless toddler wh was trying to get me to out a Toy Story on the whole time!b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat and watched the coverage on ITV1 :) I welled up quite a lot...wasn't expecting to get so emotional over it! They're such a perfect couple and so clearly in love! Kate looked stunning, the dress was gorgeous, William and Harry both looked very handsome and of course the little bridesmaids and page boys were just too cute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww lovely to see that Leo enjoyed it too! Sounds like you had a great day despite missing out on free Champagne Cocktails ;-)

    Thank you for linking up http://realhousewifeofsuffolk.blogspot.com/2011/04/royal-wedding-and-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had family over, watched the wedding on TV and had a very British style tea party - cucumber sandwiches, scones, cakes and fizzy wine! Was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think I'd get to watch the wedding since I'm moving tomorrow morning and had final exams today. But I was up at 5am to watch it while I studied! Wish I could have joined in some parties also!!!!

    P.S. I love your son's name! How did you choose that one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria @verybusymama9 October 2012 at 20:46

    so cute! We celebrated at home and Little M partied too. It was great to see the UK so excited and London looked as beautiful as ever.I'm sure the party in Cyprus was just as good! I really didn't think I'd be so happy, but I just like them they make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails