Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Listography - Pet Hates

I'm joining in with Kate's Listography again this week, and I must admit I got a bit excited when I saw the topic - Top 5 Pet Hates but I've been racking my brains for ages and have only come up with 3, I think moving country may have mellowed me out a bit. I asked AJ and even he struggled!

1. Lateness, this is without a doubt my biggest pet hate. If you care about what you are meeting me for, why would you be late???  I don't do late (unless it it something beyond my control, and even then I may have already planned for something to go wrong and can get round it) In fact I hate being late so much that I am usually early, something which would possibly be on my friends list of pet hates!

2. Empty promises, this ranks very close to lateness for me. I hate it when people say they are going to do something and then don't. Time and time again I have heard 'I'll call you / Let's have a group weekend away / We'll definitely come and stay with you / of course we'll stay in contact' etc. . Unfortunately I know so many people who do it, I can't always work out if they don't really want to and are just being polite or they just can't fit it into their busy schedules,  for me though I think if they wanted to do it enough they would sort it out.

3. Ex-pat Brits abroad, I don't mean all of them of course, just the ones who expect it to be like England in the sun. Moaning about the weather (too hot!) the locals or the fact that not everything is in English. I know we Brits like to moan, it's just inbuilt into us and probably the reason I got so excited when I saw this weeks list but stop it, especially the one about moaning about the locals to people you don't know...IT'S THEIR COUNTRY!

This is where I started to struggle a bit but I can't not complete a list.....

4. People who procrastinate... "ok, so you are going to do it, when? Now?" When I first started my blog I had a lovely flashy button thing which said "If not now, When?" and it sums it up perfectly. I'm quite impatient (maybe very impatient which is not a brilliant trait to have in Cyprus, but I'm not moaning about it!) and if we are going to do it why not just get on with it.  I think this is because if something is not arranged I think the person will end up possibly not doing (see point 2!)

5. "Text speak"  I don't hate ALL text speak, there is a time and a place for some of it, that place is ONLY in texts on a phone and online chat, and only some of it. I may abbreviate a word or two in a text to stop it running into 2 messages and it can be useful when typing quickly online which I do a lot now but most of it just drives me crazy.   Facebook is the worst for it, If you are at a keyboard how much longer can it possibly take to write properly? Oh, and people who don't use capital letters at all in their statuses.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Excellent list! Ex-pat Brits abroad are like the Irish who buy a round the world ticket to Thailand, Australia, South America and Papua New Guinea and then spend all their time looking for the Irish bar. Twats.
    Regarding txt speak - I once read an article where the writer mentioned walking behind a young couple when the boy told the girl a joke and instead of laughing she just said 'pmsl' (pissed myself laughing for those not in the know...). How tragic is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mummyandthebeastie9 October 2012 at 20:50

    I hate 'text speak' too, it's so lazy and how long does it take to type it out as you say and on phones predictive text does it just as quick. I can be put off by someone if their English is bad and they abbreviate words..x

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails