Tuesday, 22 March 2011

The Gallery - Education

This week's Gallery prompt is Education. 
Anything you like to do with learning and education. Your school days, your children's school days, are you learning something now? What does or did education mean to you? Teachers, students, lecturers, gurus.


I had a flick through my old photos and I have quite a few, so I decided to go with the first and last.
This was my first day at school...

I can remember posing for the photo just as we were about to leave. (my Mum is standing just out of shot waiting to take me - they didn't just kick me out on my own!)

I was never a big fan of school, not the actual learning part though, mostly that was ok if a little dull in places. It was the 'social' bit I didn't enjoy, I had a group of friends but it was an all girls school and was often very bitchy. At the time I did not have to confidence to stand up for myself.

I remember the run up to our last day at school well, everyone was so excited and couldn't wait to leave, so it was I suppose a bit strange that most of us spent the day in tears!  For me it was the whole 'end of an era' thing and the fact that once a couple of people cry it just sets everyone else off too!



Click the badge below to see the other entries

8 comments:

  1. Loving your first day at school. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww you look so happy on your first day. I can still remember mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the crying thing. Our whole year group was a wreck when we left primary school. Not as bad as the mums though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea and photos! Love your first day at school one - so cute! We spent our last day at school covering everything in toilet roll and hoisting a chair up the flag pole and writing all over our school uniforms! Wish I had a picture of that! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your education perspective made me smile. Good idea and nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember my last day at school. Mostly because we started drinking after registration :/ *tut*

    great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your good for remembering your first day I havent got a clue1

    ReplyDelete
  8. And there was me thinking you were booted out the front door for school on your own.

    How's Slimming World going? xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails