Friday, 4 March 2011

Flashback Friday - Week 3

This week for my Flashback Friday post I'm going back to 1986.


This was taken in my favourite park as a child, it was a bus ride away but Mum often took me there. It had a brilliant playground, although thinking about it it probably wasn't that good - I can't really remember anything other than this slide, but that would have been enough as I LOVED that slide!

Not only that it had a rose garden with lots of different sections to explore and 2 big duck ponds with bridges and feeding the ducks was always a highlight of each trip. We usually had a picnic or as a special treat we used to get a take-away KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) on the way in!

Many years later I worked in an office opposite the same park and I spent many lunchtimes having a wander around or sitting on the grass with a book. I did refrain from going down the slide though :)

 

Make sure you come back next week for a Flashback Friday special at  A matter of choice!
and if you can't wait until then click the badge above to see this weeks other entries. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you are really loving that slide there too! happy days! Must have been lovely to work opposite it once you were older,although it probably then felt much smaller than you remembered it being! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look on your face! And obviously the slide was popular as there appears to be a queue! It does look fab and what happy memories it brings! See? #FlashbackFriday is the perfect start to the weekend! Have a great one and thanks for taking part!
    :) Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent many happy times in the park, sometimes with Cath, and once we got as far as the bus stop and it started raining, so it was back home for a picnic on the mat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant shot, you look so happy. I loved going to the playground. My favourite were the swings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a lovely park too..you have just reminded me. Great photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy face! Lovely picture, what a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always something that sticks in our minds from childhood. That's a lovely photograph.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a brilliant photo - you look so happy and what lovely memories xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails