Monday, 14 February 2011

Mama Monday - Week 1


Today is not only Valentines Day, it is also the very first Mama Monday! 
Mama Monday is a new weekly link up hosted by Emma at Toddler Awesome, one of the first blogs I started reading. The idea is to learn a bit more about the Mum's behind the blogs and maybe make a few new friends along the way, and we are also set a weekly task - by the sound of the first task to be completed it's worth doing for that alone!

This week in honour of Valentines Day we are introducing ourselves and our partners.

1. Introduce yourself
I'm Emma, 33 years old, I have been married to AJ for 7 years this year and I am Mum to Leonidas who is 20 months old. We all moved to Cyprus in 2009 and are pretty much living our dream. I started my blog just before we moved but I only really got into doing it properly in May last year, I now really enjoy it and it has taken over from reading as my favourite hobby.



2.How did you meet your other half?
We met in my old local pub back in 1995, it was not a case of love at first sight, in fact my best friend and him dated for a while before we got together about 8 months later. No bad feelings between anyone though - she was my bridesmaid at our wedding!


3.How long were you together before you had the baby talk?
A long time! We had a few 'on and off' years before we eventually brought our first house together in 2003 and married in 2004. We had lots of hypothetical baby talks, about a future baby that we were not expecting anytime soon and then eventually decided to just let nature take it's course and see what happened - Leo "happened" quite a while later in 2009!


The task for this week.... 
Take time out to have a PROPER, UNINTERRUPTED luxury bath!  By luxury bath I mean use your BEST bubble bath, bath bombs etc.... light some candles, get a glass of wine (or fancy juice!), some chocolate or your favourite treat and a book/ magazine!
well, ok if I have to!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to learn more about you. Yo and AJ have been together a long time! So is he Cypriot then? Lovely photos of you all too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we're both from SE London, just chose to move to Cyprus, and gave our son a Cypriot name because we like it!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails