Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Listography - My top 5 films

Ooh, tricky... this weeks list is "Top 5 favourite films" I'm not really a film lover, I do enjoy a good film but I want to know it will be good before I watch it, I hate the thought that I am wasting over an hour of my life watching some rubbish. (strange when I can happily waste hour after hour playing games on facebook!)

My list is quite random, and made easier because there are hundreds of films that everyone has seen except me. So in no particular order, here are my top 5 films.

1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - if you have been reading for a while you will know why. It's not a 'good' film on it's own, in fact its a bit odd but try watching it in full Rocky costume in a function room in the place where it was filmed with 80 odd other HUGE Rocky fans and you'll understand why it has to be the best film ever!





2. Towering Inferno - another random choice of film, probably more so as Rocky would appear in many peoples top 5, I can't imagine this would be a top choice for anyone else! I first watched this when I was quite young and I was on the edge of my seat all the way through, in my film naivety I was wondering and hoping that Doug the architect (Paul Newman) would make it out alive. It would not have been the same had I realised that they would not kill off one of the 2 main actors! I have now seen this so many times I can quote big chunks of it from memory!


 3. Shaun of the Dead - first time I watched this I missed huge chunks of dialogue through laughing too much. I love the bit in the pub when they are killing zombies with 'Don't stop me now' playing on the jukebox!








4. Back to the Future - It's old, it's full of paradoxes but who cares! I deliberately used a picture saying trilogy so I could get all 3 films in the top 5 but if I had to choose one of the 3 it would probably be the second one.






5. Sliding Doors - love love love it! I just love the way that although it's all gone wrong for Helen it actually means it all works out for the best if you know what I mean! It's so clever the way it switches between the two parallel lives, and shows you that everything happens for a reason!













To see everyone else's favourites, head over to Kate Takes 5

11 comments:

  1. Well I can agree with Back to the Future and Shaun of the Dead - but I may have to pass on Ms Paltrow. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices...Love Rocky Horror and Back to the Future! I watched Sliding Doors with my kids once and had to draw them a time line because they got so confused!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sliding Doors too, it was fascinating as well as entertaining :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Back to the Future classic film and takes me back to my youth! I have never seen the Rocky Horror Show though.
    I think I may have to join in this listogrsphy thing I like the subject thisnweek! I have never heard of it before

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like Shaun Of The Dead....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb list! I *love* Rocky Horror. Oh and Sliding Doors is just fabulous - I have a bit of a soft spot for John Hannah in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocky Horror is brilliant but it's because it's such a cult thing now - the live stage show is great, the dressing up and lines that everyone shouts out to the actors make it an experience! I think if you just watched the film you'd be left thinking "what the hell???" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easiest way is to see if she has short or long hair to tell which one she is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love John Hannah in it, I forgot to mention that, it's a big reason as to why I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh - Back To the Future. How cool were those films? Plus I had a huge crush on Michael J. I still think he is pretty cute, short but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's possible, I've not met any others!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails