Wednesday, 2 February 2011

The Gallery - going round in circles!

This weeks Gallery was a no-brainer for me. The prompt is Shapes and the first thing that popped into my head was the shape I am asked to draw a million times a day.

Leo loves to draw, often he will ask for his crayons as I lift him from his cot in the morning. Because of this I spend a lot of time 'drawing' with him, the problem being is that I can never think of anything to draw, so I started drawing shapes. For some reason best known to him, he has taken rather a liking to circles, or as he calls them 'kerkels'

He will sit and watch for ages while you draw them all over the place, and recently has got rather good at doing them himself.......




He also likes to see you draw 'dars' (stars) and 'a-angles', (triangles) but hasn't yet mastered these ones himself.  Such is his love of shapes (and my lack of imagination at drawing) we are now moving onto numbers which I can manage to make look like they are supposed to unlike when I try to draw a car or animal.


6 comments:

  1. Awwwww bless! I love watching kids when they begin to draw. They look so cute as they concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dreading Tori reaching that stage where she wants me to draw things...I once got asked by my art teacher if what I had drawn was a person or a tree...I was 14 at the time and still hadn't quite grasped it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when they start drawing circles. It's a picture in my Gallery post too. Freyja loves drawing them.

    It's quite early for them both to draw them - maybe we have child geniuses in the making? :)

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs spiro graph - well done Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure we've got child geniuses in the making, there can't be any more clever than ours surely? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stick to drawing shapes, and numbers that's my latest one, they'll pick them up and then look like they are really clever and your a great mum for encouraging it rather than not being able to draw - that's my plan anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails