Friday, 25 February 2011

Flashback Friday - Week 2

It's Friday again, and not only does that mean I am finding reasons to be cheerful, it's also time to look back through my old photos for my favourite link up.


I have so many photos that I love, and have a hard time deciding which to choose, (and that's only from a couple of folders of scanned oldies that I have on my computer - it's going to be a nightmare when I get the scanner up and running, I'll have to start trying to decide the week before!)

This week I'm going with another completely random photo. 


This was taken in 1987 and still makes me laugh 24 years later, (24 YEARS - oh my god!) It is my childhood best friend Catherine and me on holiday at good old Butlins in Bognor Regis. Catherine came on holiday with us for a couple of years running, we spent so much time together that we were like sisters. 

We were playing in a adventure playground and I had posed for a photo seconds before this one, just as my Dad took it Cath came up behind me to join in but stood up and hit her head. I can still hear exactly what she said and how I was worried that my Dad would hear her as it was a 'bad word' Cath often used to swear as did her boisterous brothers and it always worried me that my parents would tell her off (they 'corrected' her on occasion) and stop me being friends with her or something!

I remember laughing so much as she did it, like the nice friend that I am. In fact just reliving the story I'm chuckling away again. We had such a great time on those 2 holidays and doing all the other stuff we used to do. She moved away when we were 11 or 12 and I didn't see her for a few years but we did meet up on and off once I started driving. We lost contact completely once and I found her through "Friends Reunited".

Since then we have only seen each other a few times, last time I saw her was probably about 3 years ago. I think we had just decided to move to Cyprus so would have told her, but haven't seen her since. I don't know if she has moved or not, but we always seem to find each other sooner or later so I'm sure we'll meet up again one day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh bless you...what a lovely memory! I've been to Butlins Bognor Regis...it's changed a bit since then! Thanks so much for digging into your past for Flashback Friday and promoting it as well! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story to go with your photo. I went to Butlins at Bognor Regis once back in 1984 or 1985 I think! I hope you and Cath get in touch again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love it...I love it when the picture has a great story behind it. I remember jumping up like that on a boat in Portmeirion when I was a kid and hitting my head so hard I burst into tears....If only my Dad had taken a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, hope you do meet up again soon. Everybody needs good old friends like that. And I was only thinking just today how it's been a while since I had a really good laugh, like this one - great when remembering something can really make you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice! I must go through and scan my old photos.

    I lost touch with a dear friend when I moved... totally by accident but she moved at the same time and we had a computer crash with her new address, email everything. She didn't know mine yet and I had no way to find it out as we had different friends! 8 years later, I am still trying :( Can't find her anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reminiscing. But my husband always says "nostalgia's not what it used to be". Ha ha! Childhood best friends are always some of the sweetest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Novelistinthemaking9 October 2012 at 20:42

    Hi! I have enjoyed reading your blog and have awarded you a stylish blogger award. For more details visit http://novelistinthemaking.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, Have you tried Friends Reunited and facebook? I hope you find each other soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I've been known to say that too! I do love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great friendship. I have a friend I can't find on FU or anywhere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails