Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Dreaming

At the moment this photo was taken I thought to myself "Oh my god, I'm getting married... in a minute"

I loved every single second of the run up to the wedding and all the planning (which actually wasn't hard at all) I never had any doubts, although at one point I tried to think if I was doing the 'right' thing just because I felt I hadn't thought enough about it -  he asked, I said yes, sorted! I then realised it wasn't something I had to debate, of course it was the right thing to do.

I think at that moment I may have remembered as child, standing at my bedroom window watching a bridal party leave the house, I saw the bridesmaids come out and I stood for ages waiting to see the bride. I loved weddings but only vaguely remember going to one as a child. I played 'Weddings' walking up and down in my room with a net curtain over my face (Did anyone else? surely can't just have been me?) and always wanted the 'big white (and red apparently) wedding'.

You kind of forget though, as you get older and obviously you realise that the wedding day is largely irrelevant in the scheme of things - after all it is 'just' a day and not the rest of your life, but at the moment that photo was taken I felt that time stood still - I remembered the little girl playing at weddings and realised it was me and it was real. Every time I see the photo I can 'see' the view from the conservatory window.

Just in case you were wondering, I didn't stay looking that serious... and it was a wonderful day


This post was written for this weeks Gallery, the prompt was Expressions

11 comments:

  1. Great photos. On my wedding day my photo face was happy and smiley but the camcorder recorded a much more serious and nervous face. I looked miserable at some points but it was just that when my face relaxed you could see all the mixture of emotions and nerves all over it. This post reminded me of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical day it was, every guest had a wonderful time, the speeches were entertaining and all said in rhyme. There had been torrential rain in the morning, but the sun came out just in time! A fantastic and memorable day, a start of a new journey in life, wishing you both now and always, everlasting happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast, what a great take on The Gallery. Took me right back to me before and after. Love the white and red, gorgeous theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same as you. I put more thought into planning my wedding than whether we should be getting married. I just knew we were meant to be husband and wife and there was nothing really to consider there. I can't imagine what it must be like to be asked to marry someone and having to think about your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, brought back some memories for me. Beautiful pictures
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos Emma and a lovely story to go with it.

    p.s. Love your new look blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the follow-up photo...the first one you look a bit tearful! Both are gorgeous reminders of an amazing day though! Loving your new header as well! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pre-wedding nerves, I remember them well! Great pictures! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures. You do look slightly tearful in the first one, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you can be excused for looking slightly anxious just before your wedding! However, when you are smiling you look every bit the beautiful bride :) gorgeous pic xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails