Friday, 10 December 2010

Tis the season to be.....sunny?

It's 2 weeks till Christmas, I'm sure you didn't need to be reminded, I had to write it down just in case I forgot. I have always loved Christmas including the whole run up to it but this year it seems to be completely passing me by.  

I took some photos of the Christmas decorations in our village the other day, maybe this will help you see why it seems a bit strange for me now.....


It turns out, it's quite difficult to feel Christmassy when the sky looks like that. Add that to the lack of mentions of Christmas on the television and the fact that I no longer go shopping  so am not getting the "high street Christmas chaos"

Last year we had a hungover quiet Christmas, it was Leo's first and being only 6 months he had no clue that anything was different about that day. We had been out on Christmas Eve and had consumed a few too many Christmas spirits, lucky really we had no plans for the big day!  We did have a nice day but it was strange, I put it down to the fact we were so far from 'home' and had not settled in, after all we'd only been here a month!

This year, we are looking forward to spending the day with some good friends of ours. They have a 2 year old so it will be nice as the kids play very well together.  So, it's not that I'm not looking forward to it, I'm just very unexcited compared to normal. I kind of want to be shopping and wrapping and being cold looking at lots of Christmas decorations, it's what I feel I should be doing!


I've been reading lots of different Christmas blog posts so I might have to join in, I will be festive if it kills me!

7 comments:

  1. Your welcome to come here and be more than cold, if you wish. Drive round and round trying to find a parking space, queue up to be served, be pushed and shoved by everyone around and then join the traffic queue to get home! All this after finding you could not get the article you wanted or the size in the garment you liked!! Does that bring back memories of Christmas? Happy Christmas - have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny but Christmas has to be cold and preferably snowy doesn't it. I think it would be quite hard to get used to Christmas in a sunny location. I am sure you'll still have a wonderful time though!
    But don't worry the High Street chaos is still unbearable. Especially shopping with a pushchair. The number of times I've walked into a busy shop and just thought "No, I can't be bothered" and walked straight out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from the bloghop.
    I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
    Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all right, I'd only be moaning about the high streets and cold and probably would have done all shopping online anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be our second 'cold' winter and we are rather enjoying the novelty of a 'possibly' white Christmas :-D! Makes a change from eating a roast dinner in 30º weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is SO cold here at the moment it is quite hard to gear up into Mrs Jolly Christmas...my nose is very Rudolf though!

    Thanks for linking to Festive Friday, hope it got you in the mood a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is freezing here too and I would be happy to send you some of our snow because we have 10 inches. Either way, your post does remind me that I should be grateful that it feels like Christmas where we live. Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails