So as you can imagine I was
So, in no particular order my top five good things about having kids are.......
1. Christmas becomes Christmas again! I've always loved Christmas but it is undoubtedly better with kids. Not just the day but the whole run up especially as they grow up and appreciate a visit to Santa (as opposed to crying their eyes out!) and can get a bit more involved in the preparations.
2. Watching them grow and learn new things. It amazes me to see all the new words and skills that Leo learns, obviously he is a genius and no other child has done this so far!
3. Soft play, I've been wanting to go to one for years! Kids are a great excuse for playing in ball pools or going down slides, I've missed that! ooh and bouncy castles - I loved them as a child and was quite sad when I got too big to go on. Leo is not impressed with them at the moment, but I'm sure he will 'get' them later - as long as Mummy demonstrates how they work.
4. Meeting people, Kids help you make new friends, they can give you the opportunity to go places to meet people and something to talk about to strike up a conversation. All my friends in Cyprus have similar age children as it's a good thing to have in common as it is so much of your life. It also gives you an excuse to meet up and drink tea so the kids can play!
5. It's a good excuse for lots of things..... I'm just listening to S Club because Leo likes it, I haven't mopped the floor as he hasn't had a nap. I know all the words to The Wiggles songs as he insists on watching it a hundred times a day.....I could go on but you get the idea.