Monday, 8 November 2010

The best thing I ever did.... Part 2

I joined my local Slimming World in 2006 (see how that all came about here) On my first weigh in I was 15st 1.5lb and stunned! I didn't used to weigh myself, always saying things like "It's just  number, it's what you look/feel like that matters" and various rubbish like that. So it did come as a bit of a surprise to say the least, I had been expecting 13st something.

Oh well, I thought let's just give it a shot and see what happens......
I listened to the group and picked up the literature and off I went. It took a while to understand it, lots of people due struggle with the concept as there really are no "banned" foods. Not only that but the list of "free foods" (things you can eat as much as you want too) is very long, and depending on what 'day' of the plan you are following includes either pasta, potatoes and rice or lean meat and bacon!

I really didn't expect amazing results but was pleased to lose 3lb in my first week, so the next week I did it again, and again and again. I plodded along quite merrily week after week and in just over a year I lost 4st.... (sorry for the bold and italics, it's just that it's four years later now and I'm still amazed!)

It was not as easy as sitting on my (large) backside and eating cake, but it was nowhere near as hard as  I would have imagined. I did a bit of exercise along the way but pretty much just followed the plan. I had the odd day or weekend off here and there, and went on an all-inclusive holiday and went mad for 2 weeks in the time I was there but pretty much I just got right back on track.

Martyn, my consultant was a star and I don't think I could have done it without him. I loved going to the group, they were such a friendly bunch and we really helped each other along the way. My Dad lost 2.5st and reached his target weight as well.

I'm very passionate about Slimming world and have been often known to go off on one when it comes up in conversation, people who say it doesn't work, or they can't lose weight.........OH MY GOD, if I can  ANYONE can.



On Honeymoon in 2004
My Birthday - 2007


I realise it could sound like it, but this is NOT a sponsored post, I just think Slimming World is brilliant!

7 comments:

  1. well done!!! You look amazing. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emma, just coming by to say hello. Hope all is well with you and the little guy. What an amazing post - my weight has been creeping and its so hard to get back into it. Well done!! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria - you can do it! It's not necessarily easy but it is always possible - go for it!

    Fiona - the girls at Slimming World often used to tell me that, It sound a bit of a cliché but if I've inspired anyone to do the same I'm even happier. It is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheetahs In My Shoes9 October 2012 at 20:31

    looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails