Thursday, 23 September 2010

A Misread smile?

When I was 18 my parents gave me a brilliant party, it was held at my local rugby club where I was spending a lot of my time at that point. I had lots of friends there but I was most excited to have my boyfriend there.

When we got the photos back (I love my digital camera but I do miss the excitement of picking up a packet of photos) I absolutely loved this one.


I thought it was so romantic and framed it in a heart shaped frame that someone had brought me. Every time I looked at it I thought how lovely it was and how he was looking at me with such affection (something I felt at the time didn't happen much!)

Some years later in conversation I mentioned the picture and he laughed and said he was just looking at me and trying to get me off him as I was so drunk and falling on him! I was quite upset about it at the time as it was not how I had imagined it at all!

He is no longer my boyfriend but my husband and the photo is now almost 15 years old but I still love the photo whatever that smile meant!

What does it look like to you?


This post was written using this week's Gallery prompt "A Smile"

6 comments:

  1. definitely looks like a smile to me, whatever he says :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cheeky, I think he's just trying to hide the fact that he's a big softie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop!! Lovely Blog! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubbies are great at being 'too' honest aren't they!? It's still a gorgeous moment captured.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails