Thursday, 29 July 2010

It's Official!

We are now officially Cyprus residents!

We have our "pink slips" which for some reason are actually yellow, (I'm guessing that they used to e pink?) and that now enables us to claim child benefit and get medical cards so we can get reduced or free health care and prescriptions as a Cypriot would.

Contrary to what I had been led to believe it was a very painless process, although that may be due to having a screaming baby while they were processing our application. At our appointment with immigration Leo was due for a nap and wasn't best pleased about it, he was so loud and so upset that the very nice lady dealing with our application said we could leave our paperwork and just come back later for our forms!

I'm quite pleased we have sorted it all out just before my UK trip as when I return to Cyprus I really will be coming home.

Not only that but it means I have completed the first item on my 101 list

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Glad it all went so smoothly and you are so happy living there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Im a new follower from FFF have a wonderful friday!

    xoxoxo
    Lauren
    www.twentysomethinghousewife.com

    PS i also host a weekly friday blog hop! Feel free to add yourself to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...I like the screaming child trick...I wonder where else it may come in?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails