Monday, 5 July 2010

The Gallery - Holidays

 This photo was taken on the last "proper holiday" that AJ and I took, before the arrival of Leo. It was taken from a cliff side restaurant at my all time favourite beach - Konnos Bay in Cyprus.


Funnily enough I was there again last week,
You see our last holiday was an unusual one, we had come to see the progress of our new apartment and explore what would be our new village. This was in July 2008 almost two years ago to the day.

Yesterday we took Leo to meet some friends at a local pool, it is on an apartment complex but is open to non-residents. It is also where we stayed back in 2008.


It's a very surreal feeling still to go back (and we regularly do - it's a lovely pool for babies!) and sit among the holiday makers and to know that we are not cramming in the sun and the cocktails in a panic before our 2 weeks are up.  (or was that just me back then!)

Are we on a permanent holiday? Of course we're not... AJ works long hours and is usually knackered, and I'm at home with a 13month old baby, I pay bills, do big food shops, washing, cleaning, cooking, ironing  (no, scrub that I don't do ironing!) getting very little sleep etc. etc.

But we do go swimming in our pool, and meet our friends on the beach and I'm writing this on my balcony at 8.30pm and it's probably still 30 degrees so some could argue the point.

9 comments:

  1. I love Konnos Bay...especially when I've got my snorkel with me...lots of fantastic fish to see...and the beach is lovely. The cafe up the slope is beautiful in the shade

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have the balance right and you're having a great time living in Cyprus.

    I think the mistake some people make when they move abroad is that they think that they'll be able to leave all their problems behind. Yes it's sunny but you are still the same person and if you're not happy with you then that's a problem wherever you are.

    That said, I reckon meeting friends on the beach, own swimming pool, late nights on balcony etc doesn't sound like it would make anyone too miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I want to be in the first picture. I now feel jealous of your life over there. What a beautiful place to live. Grass is always greener though of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you left the UK - it looks a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be sitting outside at evening time writing a post, it sounds lovely:) Great photos and glad it has worked out for you:) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so very jealous! I know it's not exactly one long holiday living in the sun but I would so love to do it. I've never been to Cyprus but would love to, these pictures are beautiful. I'm sure Leo loves it too, 13 months he's the same age as Baby V!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too am very jealous! It looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just stumbled upon but I'm glad to see your awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. Have fun, ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Cyprus, we went there with my daughter when she was just over a year old, beautiful beaches and great food ;)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails