Tuesday, 20 July 2010

The Five Year Meme

I've seen this meme on a lot of blogs recently and thought I'd give it a go.....

Where were you five years ago?
A long way from here, in more ways than one!
We were living in our first house brought together in Walderslade, Kent having been married for almost one year. I was working in a dull but bearable office job and we were just kind of bumbling along, no immediate plans for a baby or to move house, and certainly no idea that we would EVER move abroad!
It seems like a lifetime ago.


Where do you want  to be in five years time?
Still in Cyprus, and still in this area but possibly in a different property, although I love this apartment and I would desperately miss our lovely view I feel it will be too small as Leo grows up. We have no plans to have another but "never say never" and if we did it would definitely be too small.
AJ would love to have a villa built but  I cannot see that happening within 5 years!
What I would like though is to be running our own business, as to what that business will be doing I'm not yet sure!

What are five things on your to-do list today?
Mop the floor, it's on the list EVERY day with a 1year old!
Go food shopping and restock my almost bare cupboards
Start thinking about what to pack for our UK trip
Have a another shower, had one this morning and felt like I needed another within 1/2 hour!
Take Leo for a swim in the pool.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
Pringles and dip, currently Tzatiki but I do miss Tesco's Caramelised Red Onion Houmous!
Biscuits, love lots of different ones but you can't beat a good old Custard Cream
Bananas, strange as I once hated them with a passion but "taught" myself to like them!
Cornflakes, I know that's supposed to be a breakfast but who cares!
Scotch eggs, not seen them in Cyprus so far - will have to eat loads next month on my trip back.


What would you do if you were a billionaire?
A billionaire???? I'd be confused with a million!
Well, I'd do the obvious and pay of our mortgage and help out family members, save some, go on a mad spending spree etc. etc.
I would have a villa built here in Cyprus for us but I definitely would keep our apartment  too. I would let friends and family use it and  give it to Leo if he wants it. If /when the Cyprus problem is resolved then this will be very close to one of the best beaches in the world and well worth keeping hold of.

I would buy a narrowboat to stay on, on our visits to the UK, I got the narrowboat bug from AJ whose family have been going on the for years, in fact it is one the the things I really miss about England!
I would do lots and lots more than that obviously but I've never been one for imagining having that much money really, if I think about it too much it just depresses me!

I'm going to tag a couple of my favourite bloggers - apologies if you've already done it as it been around a while.
It's all about the photos
Toddler Awesome
Hot Cross Mum



5 comments:

  1. I am impressed mopping is on the list everyday! I have a 19 month old and wish I could be that clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo great meme! I've posted the same one as part of Air the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is on the list everyday, I didn't say I did it everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this one before but it looks like fun - think I'll pick it up.

    I'm over from Blog Gems

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh, i hadn't seen this format before either and I like it, you did some really big things in a short space of time! Thanks for joining in Blog Gems. Jen

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails