Thursday, 17 June 2010

The Gallery - Motherhood

This week's prompt from The Gallery is Motherhood. It's taken me a couple of days to think about this one and even still I don't feel there are the right words to describe what motherhood means to me, I could come up with many different words but I don't feel I would have done it justice.

Looking through my pictures, (and that takes a couple of days!) I was having a hard time deciding, until that is I came across this one.


During my pregnancy I had planned to breastfeed, I had a couple of bottles which I planned to use after a while with expressed milk, and had NO formula (hence the midnight dash to buy formula) but breast feeding didn't happen. I decided before Leo's birth that I wouldn't beat myself up about it if it wasn't working for us and apart from a slight hormonal wobble I didn't.

Obviously breast milk is the "ideal" as it's designed for the purpose but I have a healthy happy little boy who doesn't seem to be disadvantaged in any way and I don't feel bad about it. I loved feeding him as any much as anyone, and so did AJ.

I love this picture as it reminds me of all the time I spent like that, at the time I didn't show many people as it felt like everyone was breast feeding but it captures a happy moment.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian - MummyTips / CyberMummy Here...... I've just posted with the info you need in order to get your pic printed for the real life CyberMummy Gallery exhibition courtesy of Photobox.
    http://www.mummy-tips.com/2010/06/cybermummy-gallery-get-your-pics-in.html
    Do add http://www.Mummy-tips.com to your blogroll if you like what you read...

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..

Related Posts with Thumbnails